Peratech is currently seeking an Electronics Design (ED) Engineer to help unleash our untapped competitive advantage. The Product & Solutions Development team’s centre of hardware, firmware and software excellence in Stockholm creates innovative and superior human-machine interfaces for development, demonstration, and customer application purposes.
This high-energy, fast-paced role is critical to the company mission, including:
- Uncovering new technology advantages to beat the competition
- Innovating and implementing cost-effective solutions to drive new, profitable revenue streams
- Supporting partners to innovate customer product solutions
- Enabling customers to achieve their user-experience dreams
Your focus as ED engineer will be on design, test, and quality. You will have responsibility for PCB designs and reviews, PCB test, system qualification, and improvements. You will manage the electronics lab with all its development boards, test equipment, and robots, providing data analysis and support both locally and globally. The work will vary over a wide range of fields, from circuit design, test setup development, component sourcing, data processing, system level analysis, etc.
You will also contribute by using your skills in areas of analogue and digital circuit design, for example in understanding of signal integrity, measurements, component knowledge and soldering, providing support to the solutions team on various hardware-related needs.
To achieve this, you will be working closely with System Architects, PCB designers, firmware and CAD engineers and the R&D team to ensure best in class quality and performance.
The engineer will also be part of a global solutions team, with colleagues and internal and external customers all over the world. Therefore, this job could include up to 20 travel days a year internationally, especially to Asia and occasionally within Europe.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of our System Architect, you will be involved in many different aspects of electronic design, including:
- Prototyping, PCB design and reviewing
- PCB test, validation, characterization, and quality tracking
- Manage electronics lab and testers
- Data analysis and tools development
- Working with electronic suppliers and manufacturers, managing cost, supplies, quality, and timely delivery in conjunction with our supply-chain team
- Occasional manual assembly work, including soldering
- Documentation of all stages of the design, as necessary
Requirements and Experience
To be successful in this role, you need to be a team player and have the systematic and analytic mind set of a true problem solver. You love to understand how things works and dedicate yourself to find the best solutions. You deliver clear, high quality communication and keep to your schedules.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hardware development or test engineering targeting embedded and analog designs
- Minimum 2 years of experience with electronics lab work, familiar with measurement tools and soldering
- Strong communication skills in English, including verbal, written, and presentation. • Creative, critical, and analytical reasoning
- Self-driven, highly motivated, problem solver, consultative initiative-taker.
ADDITIONAL USEFUL EXPERIENCE
- Programming skills, for example Python, software or firmware
- Knowledge of touch, including capacitive and resistive technologies
What We Offer
- You will work with cutting-edge technology
- Great development opportunities, as you will be working with a very professional team, in a tech-savvy company - a company that supports your development
- A very dynamic environment, in a company with a strong development
- Comprehensive terms
- Full-time employment based in our facilities in central Stockholm, with flexible remote work
Contact and How to Apply
For this recruitment, we have partnered with XLNT Search. Should you have queries regarding these roles or the recruitment process, please contact Ulf Magnusson, +46 70 569 09 28 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We apply continuous selection during this recruitment process, so do send us your application promptly
We are looking forward to your application!
Peratech is a pressure-sensing technology solutions company that provides next-generation touch and haptics solutions to some of the most exciting and innovative companies in automotive, industrial, musical instrument, electronic appliance, and consumer electronics markets.
Our patented HF-QTC™ technology sits at the crossroads of Physics and Chemistry, requiring a balance of clever thinking and problem-solving in Materials Science, Mechanical, Software and Electronics engineering to take full advantage of its properties.
We are a team of passionate technologists, engineers, scientists, and problem solvers looking for the best fellow teammates to help make our company a great success. We are an equal opportunity employer that believes the best people come from all walks of life all over the world.