Peratech is looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. If you would like to work with cutting edge technology, in an international, fast expanding dynamic company - this is a great opportunity!
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be working with our customer-facing engineering team, other internal engineering teams and partners to define requirements from customer inputs, architect, develop, and implement interfaces to our force/pressure sensors, produce signal management algorithms, and communicate data to other systems.
The engineer will use their technical background to devise innovative solutions for these requirements and will have the opportunity to work with a variety of microcontroller architectures, though our primary targets are ARM Cortex core based. Additionally, as a global firmware team member, external resource management and team mentorship are important parts of the role.
The Peratech solutions engineering group is in central Stockholm and ideally the postholder will be located there. The engineer will be part of a global engineering team, with colleagues and internal and external customers all over the world. Therefore, this job could include around 30 travel days a year internationally, especially to Asia.
Duties and Reponsibilities
- Works with the technical sales team and other engineers to define product specifications from functional requirements and determine firmware integration needs
- Develops firmware solutions and ideas for integrating Peratech sensors into a variety of system applications in diverse industry segments and embodiments.
- Collaborates with our UX/UI software and mechanical engineering teams as well as with internal and external customers on a global basis to provide innovative pressure/force sensing solutions
- Devises and implements advanced signal analysis, sensor calibration, linearization, correction, and classification algorithms in the embedded firmware environment
Requirements and Experience
- At least BSc level in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline
- At least five years' experience in firmware engineering with a proven ability to deliver products on time and on budget
- Experience in creating well structured, easy-to-understand code, with excellent documentation
- Fluency in spoken and written English, with communication skills at a professional level
- ARM Cortex embedded firmware development in C, C++ with high levels of optimization
- Familiarity with coding for an RTOS environment (e.g. ZephyrOS, VxWorks), signal analysis and characterization in low-power environments, creation of bootloaders, building and testing portable C-libraries
Additional Useful Experience
- Knowledge of implementation of embedded communications protocols, including USB, Bluetooth, I2C, SPI and UART
- Experience designing modules for human machine interfaces, such as control panels and membrane switches, touch screens, track pads, keypads, dials, controls, and other physical interfaces into handheld or fixed electronics devices
What We Offer
- You will work with cutting edge technology
- Great development opportunities, as you will be working with a very professional team, in a tech savvy company - a company that supports your development
- A very dynamic environment, in a company with a strong development
- Comprehensive terms
- Full time employment based in our facilities in central Stockholm, with flexible remote work
Contact and How to Apply
For this recruitment, we have partnered with XLNT Search in Stockholm. Please apply via this link: https://jobb.xlnt.se/jobs/1419030-peratech-is-looking-for-senior-embedded-software-engineer/applications/new. Should you have queries regarding these roles or the recruitment process, please contact Ulf Magnusson, +46 70 569 09 28 or mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We apply continuous selection during this recruitment process, so do send us your application promptly.
We are looking forward to your application!
Peratech is a pressure-sensing technology solutions company that provides next-generation touch and haptics solutions to some of the most exciting and innovative companies in automotive, industrial, musical instrument, electronic appliance, and consumer electronics markets.
Our patented HF-QTC™ technology sits at the crossroads of Physics and Chemistry, requiring a balance of clever thinking and problem-solving in Materials Science, Mechanical, Software and Electronics engineering to take full advantage of its properties.
We are a small team of passionate technologists, engineers, scientists, and problem solvers looking for the best fellow teammates to help make our company a great success. We are an equal opportunity employer that believes the best people come from all walks of life all over the world.